Lavender Air Balloon Lavender Air Balloon

This is sweet, I love the production, your choice of where things drop out and come in is - dare I say- on point. Pretty good mix too, especially impressive lift in dynamics when the chorus kicks in. My only criticism is that the bridge in my opinion dragged just a bit. Good shit

FinnMK responds:

Thanks a bunch. I hear you on the bridge...originally, it was shorter but that didn't feel quite right either. I needed something else in there, a better dynamic progression. Shrug. I ended up just going with one direction and not beating myself up about it too much.

Don't Spit On Me Don't Spit On Me

Really impressive sounds and mixing my friend. The one area I can think could use some work is the writing and arrangement, you have some really cool parts, but it seems like there is a bit of downtime here and there that could be filled with some more variety!
Keep it up, but that goes without saying, I know you always do ;)

LegnaZeg responds:

cool, thanks for the feedback Connor! I get what you say. :)

Call of the Warrior Call of the Warrior

This is a cool track, I like how you have incorporated sounds into this. That vocal sample is very nice. Good sounds all around, the energetic parts have nice punch to them. I think there is something to be desired in the mix, some parts the drums sound very dry, and I think the drops don't quite have the shift in dynamic that they should. But either way, good work and lots of very cool ideas sprinkled throughout

Spadezer responds:

Thanks. It's interesting the varied thoughts I'm getting especially on the mixing/mastering. You're pointing out the fears I had about the drop too, but only if I had unlimited time could I have made this perfect beforehand.

But I'm glad you enjoyed it. That's my main goal.

Podcast DEMO - Worth a shot? Podcast DEMO - Worth a shot?

Not too bad, I don't think your accent is a problem whatsoever. As far as podcasts go, it's not horrible, but it's not overly interesting (at least just yet). I listened through as I was doing some work, it was a pretty good listen, hearing others perspective on stuff is always nice (for example the points you made about digital recording and shortcuts people use intriuged me, as that is something that I think about too). So overall, not bad, if you get in a groove with topics that you can go into I think it would be decently entertaining

Coffee-Break responds:

The prospect of decently entertaining might just be good enough!
Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it.

Isolation Isolation

I can jam to this. Surpisingly upbeat for something called Isolation!

Slintas responds:

Thanks, man! Isolation for me is a double-edged sword. It's a love/hate relationship, hence the more upbeat parts. The outro is my hope of not dying alone. A light at the end of the tunnel.

Night Carnival Night Carnival

Not bad, I like the simplicity and theres some really fun parts. It has that music playing off in the background of the carnival feel

Prexis responds:

Thanks!

Moon Quest Moon Quest

I think the description you gave this is pretty accurate. Some sweet Daft Punk vibes for sure, I think what this track would benefit most from is some cleanup EQ wise. I found the low mid area to be a bit much and felt that with some tweaking everything could probably come through a lot better.

Sleepsong Sleepsong

This is really nice. And I think that you do capture the feeling you were going for pretty well, I could easily picture this in FF6. Some of the main melodies I found got a little off track, at times there was lots going on when I felt like less would be more effective. Good sounds all around though, those strings especially have that Final Fantasy touch.

Stars Stars

I like it, especially the melodies, very catchy. I'd say moving forward it wouldn't hurt to try expanding the parts and sounds to make them a little more interesting. I would suggest combining the sounds of multiple instruments/plugins, changing up rhythms more often, adding in unique parts ever so often, harmonies, and overall just bringing in some more variety.
There is a lot of stuff to consider, this is just a few things I personally think could make this track much better than it already is!

ManelNavola responds:

First of all, thank you for taking the time to review my track! :D
Secondly, yeah, I should add more instruments and rhythm patterns in order to achieve more variety, as you pointed out, it's pretty simple/linear at the moment.
So from now on I'll focus on that in my future songs!
Thanks a lot again Connor! :)

BrainDead BrainDead

Pretty catchy! I found that a few of the parts panned to each side kind of stuck out a bit and made it seem a little unbalanced, but pretty solid nonetheless! I definitely really like the main melody, and those haunting chords over the drop are awesome.

Spadezer responds:

Thanks I'm glad you like it, and I really appreciate the feedback. I think I see what you mean, but at the same time I likely did it so that I could keep synths better separated especially for when it got really busy. It'd be good to hear other people's opinions about it.

Thanks for the feedback